From living with the poor in India to life in middle class Australia, father Mark and son Tom weave their extraordinary journey through this climate change book-with-a-difference. They show us that living sustainable lives in the West is absolutely necessary and that it’s doable, fulfilling and even fun.
“This is a remarkable book. Very few westerners have had the experiences that the authors have embraced, and as a result very few can speak with the same credibility about the choices we must make as a society. I hope everyone reads this volume–and thinks, deeply, about what it means.” – Bill McKibben
Read more praise for LCALI.
Buy the book
Price: Paperback, AUD$19.95 (ex GST), E-book AUD$9.99 (ex GST)
- Queensland: Avid Reader 193 Boundary St, West End. Tel (07) 3846 3422
- Queensland: Sandy Pages Books Coolum, Shop 5, 21 Birtwill St, Coolum 4573
- New South Wales: Bodhi Books and Gifts 375 King St, Newtown. Shop 5
- Victoria: Collins Booksellers, 22 Lydiard St Ballarat. Tel (03) 5331 7411
For bulk orders (>5 copies), contact the authors directly at email@example.com
* ISBN: 978-0-6482477-0-8 (paperback), 978-0-6482477-2-2 (flowable e-book)
* Length: 240 pages
* Size: 210 x 148mm (with 61 black and white illustrations)
Download the book
Having sold over 1,000 copies, we have released the book for free download. Download a copy of the introduction and share your thoughts on it here. Part A here. Part B here. Part C here. Part D here. Part E here. Part F here. Part G here. Part H here. Whole book here. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Can we make a difference?
Video interview with Mark & Tom
Click on the picture to watch. See more interviews here.
Low Carbon and Loving It video series
In August 2020, videographer Isaac Carne created a neat series of 5-minute clips, offering tips on low-carbon living.
Episode 1, The Delaneys’ Story
Episode 2, Standing Against Stuff
Episode 3, Ethical Eating
Episode 4, Bike and Train to Freedom
Episode 5, Power Up at Home